Mumford & Sons Postpone Chicago Show Due to Weather

Credit: James Minchin IIIMumford & Sons have been forced to postpone their show tonight at the Montrose Beach and Park in Chicago due to this week's intense rain. The show has been rescheduled for Friday, June 19.

"Despite huge efforts against really unfavorable weather, the local promoters have been unable to build us a stage in time for the show tonight," write Mumford & Sons on Facebook. "It takes a lot for us to pull a show, it's something we try to avoid at all costs, but tonight it's just not going to happen. Of course we are devastated."

The band says that all tickets purchased for tonight's show will be honored on Friday. If you can't make the rescheduled date, you can also redeem your ticket for Mumford & Sons' Gentlemen of the Road Stopover date in Waverly, Iowa, which will be held June 19-20. The Stopover date also features performances from The Flaming Lips and My Morning Jacket.

"We are absolutely gutted and more than a little frustrated -- this is our biggest ever headline show away from home, so you can understand that for all the days not to be able to do a show, this one hurts the most," the band says. "But Friday night is going to be all the more special for it, so we really, really hope you can make it."

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.